Monday, October 5, 2009

Those Nights By Poetess Dhabiya Khamis Translated by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

Those Nights
By Poetess Dhabia Khamis
Translated by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

All those nights
A nexus among cities of Loss!


All those rhythms pale
Roving all ranges of Wilderness
Striking at a heart that speculates
The supremacy of fondness amidst its sorrows
Amidst its little revelation
Amidst the flutes of its solitude wreathed by Jesus’ garland!

Wayfaring opted for me; I for it.
No horse, no Sahara, no sword
(In its sheath, though) traces the prey as its very Eagle – the Injurious did
And as birds of carrions that perched
On land and high in their skies did!

I becoming the visions that tricked me



Come tell the one alienated amidst the core of one’s homeland
You die in between two futures; in between two dates,
You no soil morsel; only by dust to dust be taken.

I kept all my secrets into the coffers
I laid my body into the coffin
My lips with silence tight sealed
As such, the Grand Secret flees with me
Leaving for THEM only fringes that fluff away
Amidst epochs; amidst their words!

Mine death? Nay! Their death it be!
Had they a day before thrown me into the grave,
None and only their graves they had dug!

15th Feb, 2005
New Delhi






الشاعرة ظبية خميس

تلك الليالي


كل تلك الليالي

همزة الوصل بين مدائن التيه



كل تلك الموسيقى الشاحبة

تقطع قفار الممالك نحو قلب يتأمل

سطوة الوجد في أحزانه

في بوحه القليل

ومزامير وحدته المتوجه بأكليل عيسى.



رامني السير ، فرمته

لا الخيل ، ولا البيداء ، ولا السيف

في غمده أدرك الفريسة من نسرها

الجارح و من طيور الجيف تحط بين

سماءها ، والأرض.



خاتلتني الرؤى ، فصرتها.





قل للغريب في جوف أرضه

تموت بين غدين وبين زمنين

وتأكلك الأرض ، ولا تأكلها.





أودعت الخزائن أسراري

وأوسدت جثماني التابوت

وحين ختم الصمت على شفاهي المطبقة

ذهب السرا لأكبر معي

تاركاً لهم أهداب خيوط تذوب

بين الدهور وبين كلماتهم.




أن في موتي ، موتهم

وإن يدفنوني بالأمس

لا يدفنون في موتي ، موتهم.



15 فبراير 2005

نيودلهي

No comments: